There are some really good ways you can detox your body from heavy metals at home using just food and supplements, but, first – what are heavy metals and why are they such a problem? The big four heavy metals are mercury, cadmium, lead and arsenic. These metals are ‘heavy’ hence their name, and so they are stored in the fat in our bodies. That’s one reason we have body fat, it stores toxins away from our organs. (Doesn’t that make you love your fat a bit more?!)
Research shows that these metals can be passed from the mother to the baby in utero, and nowadays we have all heard about metal toxicity from vaccinations and dental work, but actually, even if we manage to avoid those, most of us still have an unhealthy exposure to heavy metals – they are found in things used every day such as anti-perspirants, aluminium foil – they are even in our food supply.
So my top 10 ways to help your body detox from them are:
- Chlorella. This loves to absorb other elements so if you take it as a daily supplement it will gradually remove some of the heavy metals from your body.
- Activated charcoal, (or Shilajit, which is similar and used a lot in Ayervedic medicine). These help remove toxins and poisons from the body.
- Cilantro, which is a leafy herb common in Mexican dishes and best for detoxing mercury. It can be used as a tincture, or as a herb – especially good if you juice it, together with other vegetables and fruit.
- Fulvic acid. This is an organic acid which delivers nutrients to the body as well as removing toxins.
- Bentonite clay, which absorbs toxins and removes parasites (also Epsom salt baths – but don’t use if there is any danger of seizures).
- Probiotics, to help break down the toxins in your body ready for elimination.
- Bone broth which helps detoxify and rehydrate.
- Milk thistle, which is the most popular liver detoxifying supplement.
9. Chimmichurri mix, which is basically mint, parsley and coriander blended up in oil and, which can of course be used in many dishes. Many recipes can be found on the Internet and it’s a great way to detox.
- Broccoli sprouts. These are far more potent than fully grown broccoli stalks and a powerful detoxifier and anti-carcinogenic.
How can homeopathy help?
Homeopaths can, if necessary do a heavy metal detox using homeopathic remedies – it’s one of our tools for treating things such as autism, ADHD and Alzheimer’s. We are able to discover what has caused the imbalance which causes the symptoms.
I use a detox programme called CEASE, (which stands for Complete Elimination of Autistic Spectrum Expression) and, as its name suggests it is mostly used to heal children on the autistic spectrum. Homeopathic remedies are given which encourage the body to expel the harmful substance and complete cure can take place over time. CEASE practitioners are trained to be able to tell what substance has caused the damage (often more than one of course) and with careful and methodical treatment I have seen many children completely cured of autistic pathology.
If you would like some advice, or treatment for a child on the autistic spectrum please get in touch with me on 07725 520476 or book a free 15 minute consultation below.